Had coverage years ago and changed carrier. Can I again get a policy/quote for auto.

UPDATED: Oct 14, 2020

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.

Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single insurance company.

Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.

UPDATED: Oct 14, 2020Fact Checked

Free Insurance Comparison

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Years ago my spouse and I carried auto insurance with USAA. For some reason we changed companies. Can I get another policy/quote for coverage of 3 vehicles? (My father, my father-in-Law, my mother-in-Law and my ex-spouse were all in different branches of the military).”

Asked August 21, 2018

1 Answer

Yes, according to USAA membership eligibility terms members only have to be either be currently serving in the military, a veteran or related to someone that has been in the military. Insurance policies and other benefits are only available to members. Assuming you left USAA on good terms you will need to rejoin the organization in order to be eligible for any policy. In the event that you separated on negative terms, they may not be willing to allow you to rejoin but your veteran relatives will likely be eligible.

After rejoining, you simply need to call, go online, or visit a physical location to begin the process with a new quote for each person and vehicle. Alternatively, you can get a quote for all three vehicles under one account as long as the primary drivers are listed for each separate vehicle. Any additional questions about USAA policies, rates, and available services should be should be directed to their customer service department.

Answered August 23, 2018 by insure3200

Related Links

Free Insurance Comparison

Compare quotes from the top insurance companies and save!

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption