How do i surrender a Union Fidelity life insurance policy?

Free Insurance Comparison

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Asked April 13, 2017

1 Answer

You can surrender a Union Fidelity life insurance policy by contacting the company or if you have a lapse in your policy.

If your policy has lapsed (meaning you missed your premium payments and the value of your surrendered cash has been used) then your life insurance is essentially void. The company will then be unable to provide benefits upon death or any other insurance coverage for you or your beneficiaries.

If you contact the company to drop your policy, then there will be a form you can download or have the company send to you by fax, email or mail. For Union Fidelity, this is a multi-purpose form, labeled Loan/Withdrawal/Surrender.

This is a much better option than a policy lapse, and will allow you to request the cash surrender value (if any) on your policy. Sending the request form to the company will get you your cash without any penalties placed on it, as long as there is no lapse.

Your cash surrender value, if you have a loan from your policy, is the difference between the premium payment loan amount and the policy cash value.

Answered April 14, 2017 by midtermquote

Related Links

Free Insurance Comparison

Compare quotes from the top insurance companies and save!

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption