How much will it cost to add a 25 year old to my insurance with a good driving history?
Free Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Asked January 5, 2017
It is usually cheaper for a young person to be put on a parent’s policy. As to costs, I cannot give you a concrete answer because insurance companies offer different discounts and use different criteria to determine price. However, I can tell you some of the discounts that may be available to you.
Discounts that may be available are:
- Good driver discount (Each of the drivers in the household will have to be free of moving violations and no at-fault accidents during the past three years.)
- Bundled policies that include both car insurance and home insurance. You can save up to 15%
- Multi-car discounts
- Accident free discounts
- Passive restraint discounts (1993 and prior vehicles that have a factory-installed air bag or restraint system may be offered a discount.)
- Vehicle Safety Discount (This discount is based on the loss experience of the make and model of the insured car.)
- Low Mileage Discount
Insurance companies will also base the policy price on some of the following criteria:
- The age of the car.
- What coverage do you want on the vehicle? If you only need liability on the vehicle it will definitely lower costs? If you need to put collision and comprehensive coverage onto the vehicle, consider a higher deductible to help defray cost.
- What type of vehicle are you insuring for your 25-year-old? Is it a high-performance vehicle?
- Is the 25 year old a man of woman? The cost is more for a male than a female. But costs begin to lower after the age of 25 for the male, to the female cost level.
Though you have car insurance with one company, consider comparing quotes from different companies to see which can off your the best quotes.
Answered January 6, 2017 by IndyIns