will I need an FR 44 after the three years went by when I get my license back

UPDATED: Jan 4, 2016

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.

Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single insurance company.

Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.

UPDATED: Jan 4, 2016Fact Checked

Free Insurance Comparison

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Asked January 4, 2016

1 Answer

Depending on your state of residence the certificate of financial responsibility is referred to as either an FR44 or an SR22. In the state of Texas FR44 (Certificate of Financial responsibility 44) is referred to as an SR22 (statement of financial responsibility). A driver is required to maintain SR22 insurance without interruption for 2 years after meeting all of the eligibility requirements and paying all fees to receive their driver's license after an incident. In the event SR22 certificate of coverage is interrupted the driver should immediately notify the proper state depart of motor vehicles office. As long as your insurance remains active the SR22 certificate should remain valid. Allowing the insurance to lapse could invalidate the SR22 and could result in a loss of driving privileges. Staying up to date with your car insure is a real benefit once all the requirements have been met.

Answered January 6, 2016 by InsuranceStar

Free Insurance Comparison

Compare quotes from the top insurance companies and save!

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption