Atlas America Travel Insurance Review and Ratings (2022)
Anything can happen when you travel, so having a travel insurance policy can save you a lot of time and money. Atlas America travel insurance offers a series of insurance plans through the travel company WorldTrips.
Free Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jun 28, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single insurance company.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
- Atlas America Insurance is a travel insurance company providing medical insurance to visitors to the U.S. and those traveling outside of their home country
- Atlas America offers a multitude of insurance packages for every travel situation
- Customer reviews for Atlas are relatively positive, with most commending their fast claims process
Atlas America Insurance is a financial services company that provides affordable and quality travel medical insurance coverage. Lloyd’s, one of the biggest and oldest insurance markets in the world, underwrites all of the Atlas Series plans. But the travel company, WorldTrips (formerly Tokyo Marine HCC), handles Atlas America travel insurance plan administration and claims for the policies.
Whether it’s visitor insurance for a non-United States citizen, travel insurance for international foreign tourists, or international student health insurance, Atlas America has it all. They offer plans for all travel situations starting at just a dollar a day.
Remember that no matter what type of insurance you’re planning to buy, the best way to find the coverage you need at a price you can afford is by comparing insurance quotes.
Atlas America Insurance Package Options
If you’re looking for travel insurance with a wide variety of coverage options, Atlas has 10 different policies. Which they split into two separate categories: visitor health insurance and travel medical insurance. Their health insurance for visitors applies to non-citizens visiting the U.S., foreign tourists visiting the U.S., business travelers to America, new U.S. immigrants, international students, and overseas travelers.
On the other hand, Atlas travel medical insurance caters more to those traveling internationally outside of the United States. This can include anyone that’s traveling overseas for business, leisure, schooling, or mission trips. All of the Atlas Series Insurance plans are outlined below in more detail so you can pick the best plan for you.
This is comprehensive visitor coverage for foreign nationals visiting the U.S. It’s the best plan for parents, relatives, friends, or any other person visiting America and traveling to the U.S. outside of their home country. It’s available for a minimum of 5 days and up to one year (364 days). Atlas America is only a short-term coverage option, but the most popular for visitors to the U.S. It includes coverage for natural disasters, acts of terrorism, pregnancy complications, emergency medical evacuation, and more.
Atlas Premium America offers similar coverage to the Atlas America plan but offers U.S. visitors elite coverage. This consists of no coinsurance limit, higher coverage benefit limits for emergency medical evacuation, repatriation, crisis response, natural disaster benefit, and more.
This is a low-cost, budget comprehensive medical insurance plan for visitors with basic coverage benefits. While Atlas America and Atlas Premium are more expensive, Atlas Essential is a cheaper option. It excludes coverage for many things, including acute onset of pre-existing conditions, dental pain, pregnancy complications, trip cancellation, and more.
Atlas Travel is a popular visitors insurance coverage for families traveling outside America and home countries. Some of the benefits of this plan include hospital room and board, ICU charges, ambulance fees, diagnostic testing, and more.
Atlas Group Travel
It is best for groups of five or more people who are visiting the U.S. or traveling to any other country. Atlas Group Travel includes the same benefits as the regular Atlas Travel Insurance, but you also get a 10% discount on group rates.
This plan offers comprehensive medical coverage for multiple trips of 30 or 45 days long or less. While it’s suited for business and professional travel, it can also work for those who travel frequently. It includes the same coverage as Atlas America Insurance plans.
Atlas International is for United States citizens and foreign nationals who travel abroad outside of America. This travel insurance plan offers COVID-19 coverage along with most of the same coverage options as the above plans.
Visitor Secure Insurance is another low-cost plan that provides cheap and affordable fixed benefit travel protection for immigrants or travelers to the U.S.
Much like Visitor Secure, Student Secure is low-cost and affordable. It’s only meant for foreign students studying in America or outside their home country.
For non-citizens visiting the U.S., Atlas MedEvac Insurance is a basic plan that offers evacuation and repatriation only coverage. It excludes medical benefits and travel assistance features.
Compare The Best Insurance Quotes In The Country
Compare quotes from the top insurance companies and save!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How to Submit a Claim for Atlas America Insurance
Submitting a claim for Atlas America Insurance is a relatively easy process. However, depending on where a provider treated you, the claims process will differ. Either way, the claims will be submitted to WorldTrips, which handles administration and claims.
For Claims Incurred Inside the United States
- Present your insurance ID card to the medical provider at the time of service.
- Your provider will submit the claim directly to WorldTrips, unless you have to pay at the time of service.
- WorldTrips will send you a letter that they have received the claim.
- Then, WorldTrips will need a Claimant’s Statement and Authorization Form filled out. You must submit this information within 45 days or they could close the claim.
- Next, WorldTrips will complete the claims process once they have gathered the necessary information.
- Lastly, if they deem the claim eligible, WorldTrips will secure any preferred provider discounts.
For Claims Incurred Outside of the United States
- Show your insurance card to the medical provider at the time of service.
- Unless the provider is billing WorldTrips directly, you will pay for your treatment at the time of service.
- During the time of service, ask your medical provider to give you your complete medical record. Also, make sure to ask for an itemized bill with the provider’s name, address, your name, date of birth, certificate ID number, charges, diagnoses, and current procedural terminology codes.
- Then, you’ll complete, sign, and submit a Claimant’s Statement and Authorization Form for each incident. You might also have to submit your medical records, as well.
- WorldTrips will request receipts, invoices, and any other necessary information from you. Remember, you’ll only have 45 days to submit this.
- Finally, once WorldTrips has all of the necessary information, they will complete the claims process.
Atlas America Travel Insurance Reviews
The customer reviews for the Atlas America Insurance are a mix of positive and negative feedback. This feedback comes from consumers who have purchased and used their insurance plans with Atlas. Some of the positive reviews included the ease of the entire claims process, the affordability of coverage, and the quality of the customer service agents. Yet, there were negative reviews, as well. The negative reviews mostly consisted of complaints that WorldTrips didn’t refund money for medical expenses or that the plans didn’t offer as much coverage as they suggested. Overall, the feedback was mostly positive.
How do I contact Atlas America?
The easiest way to contact WorldTrips regarding Atlas Travel Insurance or any other Atlas Series plan is to call them. Their customer service line for consumers inside the U.S. is 800-605-2282. From outside the U.S., you will have to call 1 (317) 262-2132. You can reach them 24/7 for emergency travel assistance services and policy benefits information. They do have scheduled hours for non-emergency assistance, policy assistance, and claims assistance. Potential customers can get an Atlas America travel insurance quote by filling out the application form on the company’s website.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by insurance experts.