10 Reasons to Choose Term Life Insurance
The top reasons to choose term life insurance are that term policies allow you to pay off your mortgage, provide financial independence, pay off debt, and even pay for college tuition on top of already providing your loved ones with peace of mind knowing your final expenses are covered. Start comparing term life insurance quotes for free with our ZIP code search below.
Free Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jul 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single insurance company.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by insurance experts.
Term life insurance is the most popular type of life insurance that people choose when buying a life insurance policy. If you still need a bit more convincing as to benefits from term life insurance, take a look at the below list of the top ten reasons to choose term life insurance:
- Insure Specific Goals Term life insurance is well suited for helping you attain goals for your family. Every person has a different set of life goals, but most of them can be protected using one or more strategically purchased term life insurance policies.
- Pay Off a Mortgage By purchasing a term life policy to cover your mortgage, you can rest assured that your survivors can stay in the home even if you should pass away. There are special types of term life insurance that decrease in payout value as the policy matures, matching the decreasing amount of your mortgage
- Provide Financial Independence Purchasing a term life insurance policy each time a child is born and naming the child or the person who will be their guardian as the owner will allow you to give some financial security to all of your descendants, just in case you are not able to be there to help them yourself.
- Make Life More Comfortable for Your Loved Ones Insurance policies can be used for renovations and home additions, or any other purpose you desire. A modest term life policy can make your surviving loved ones more comfortable by paying for the repairs to an aging home.
- College Tuition Every parent wants their children to be able to get a college degree, and a term life insurance policy can make sure the money is there for them to do so if you are stricken by tragedy.
- Pay Off Credit Cards or Other Debt Your death does not automatically erase your acquired debt, but a term life policy can take the pressure off your loved ones.
- Provide Your Family with Money to Move If you have settled into a place where there are no other relatives or long-time friends, you can purchase a term life policy for the purpose of your moving your family back to familiar territory in the event of your death, rather than leaving them stranded and alone in place where there is no one to offer moral support or companionship.
- Pay Off Loans or Liens Term life policies are often used to make sure that a car or recreational vehicle can be paid off, and they are just as useful for paying off other loans or liens. The best type of policy for this purpose is one with a decreasing payout, so that you pay less for the coverage as the amount of the loan goes down.
- Create a Charitable Donation Term life insurance policies are a good way to benefit your favorite charity or nonprofit organization. Simply name the organization of your choice as the beneficiary of the policy and pay your premiums on time.
- Pay for Your Final Expenses Funeral costs have been steadily rising for years, so it is important to make sure you have set aside the funds to cover your final expenses. Without an insurance policy to pay for them, your bereaved family will have to pay for the costs, adding a financial burden to the losses they have already suffered.