Adirondack Homeowners Insurance Review & Ratings (2022)
Adirondack Insurance sells homeowners insurance in New York. The company offers coverage for homes, cars, boats, trailers, and umbrella insurance. Adirondack insurance reviews are mostly positive, with over 80 percent of customers saying they would renew their policy. Customers also enjoy affordable rates, though some say that the claims process is slow and hard to resolve.
Free Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jan 19, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single insurance company.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by insurance experts.
- Adirondack provides homeowners insurance to residents of New York and covers homes of any size, as well as condos and apartments
- You can also buy car insurance through Adirondack, as well as boat, trailer, and umbrella insurance
- You need to speak with an agent to get a quote, but customers say that prices are affordable
- With A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, Adirondack is generally well-reviewed and most customers plan on renewing their policy
Founded in 1920, the Adirondack Insurance Exchange company provides insurance exclusively for residents of New York. For Adirondack insurance, homeowners is the most popular product. However, Adirondack offers many other products.
The Adirondack insurance company understands New Yorkers’ great sense of pride in their state. The products and services they offer seek to be more than homeowners insurance coverage. This company wants to celebrate the community of New York.
If you want to buy Adirondack insurance, you should first shop around for rates from other companies. Enter your ZIP code into our free tool to see what quotes might look like for you.
What is Adirondack Homeowners Insurance?
Adirondack’s main product is homeowners insurance. Keeping in mind that your home is one of the biggest investments of your life, Adirondack builds policies to protect your property.
Adirondack’s homeowners insurance is called OneChoice homeowners. The company promises to protect houses big and small and the personal belongings within. OneChoice covers:
- Losses from fire, theft, and other common dangers
- The physical building of your home, as well as other structures on your property
- Personal property, such as clothing, appliances, or electronics
- Living expenses for temporary shelter if your home becomes unliveable
- Personal liability, in case anyone is injured on your property
- Replacement cost coverage, which will pay for the entire cost to repair or replace your belongings, with no deduction for age
While this is fairly standard for homeowners insurance, there are plenty of add-ons you can purchase for your policy.
One of the most popular choices is Adirondack’s Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement. With this add-on, you’ll have $15,000 in coverage for the expense of handling the theft of your identity. This includes telephone and mail fees, reapplication charges for loans, lost wages, and more.
If you want more coverage than OneChoice offers, you can upgrade to Home Security Plus or Security Plus Elite.
Compare The Best Insurance Quotes In The Country
Compare quotes from the top insurance companies and save!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Other Types of Insurance Adirondack Offers
Adirondack focuses most of its efforts on homeowners and car insurance. They also offer:
- Boat insurance
- Trailer insurance
- Renters insurance
- Condo insurance
- Personal valuables coverage
- Umbrella insurance
Adirondack wants to encourage their customers to buy all their insurance needs through them, so they also offer insurance packages. These packages include multiple types of coverage rolled into one convenient product.
Adirondack Car Insurance
There are two levels of auto insurance with Adirondack: OneChoice Auto and Auto Security Plus. The Security plan has more coverage than OneChoice, but both options offer affordable Adirondack insurance.
You can buy the following coverages with both plans:
- Liability. Most states require a minimum amount of liability coverage, which pays for damage you cause to properties and other vehicles.
- Collision. No matter who is at fault, collision will pay for your vehicle repairs after an accident.
- Comprehensive. This is for every other type of damage besides collisions, including weather, vandalism, animal contact, or theft.
- Medical expenses. Medical bills after an accident can be expensive, but this coverage will pay for the medical expenses of you and your passengers.
- Underinsured/under-insured motorist. Even though insurance is a legal requirement, not every driver follows the law. This protects you against drivers with inadequate insurance.
While both plans are great options for car insurance, Auto Security Plus comes with the following additional coverage:
- Rental reimbursement. When your car is at the mechanic’s shop for lengthy repairs, Adirondack will reimburse you for the cost of a rental car while you wait for the return of your car.
- Roadside assistance. If you find yourself stranded on the side of the road, roadside assistance pays for towing and other mechanical needs.
- Travel expenses. This covers accidents you have when you are over a specific number of miles from home.
- New parts replacement. Adirondack will pay for the replacement of damaged parts with original equipment manufactured parts for the first three years of your car’s life.
- Accidental airbag deployment. This pays for the replacement of your airbags if they go off outside an accident.
When you bundle your home and auto, you can get additional savings. You can also save money through discounts. These include:
- Multi-car. If you have more than one car in your household, you can earn a discount by putting them on one policy.
- Paid-in-full. You can save money by opting to pay for your entire policy up front, rather than making monthly payments. When you pay in full, you’re paying for an entire year.
- Good driver. If your driving record is clean, you can save money. This includes tickets, accidents, claims, or serious infractions like DUIs.
- Good student. You’ll earn this discount by being a full-time student with at least a B average.
To find out if your plan is eligible for these discounts, speak with an insurance agent.
Adirondack Package Insurance
As stated before, Adirondack Insurance Company wants to be more than just a homeowner or car insurance company. That’s why you can purchase package insurance to meet most of your insurance needs.
A package plan includes a homeowners policy plus insurance for as many cars as you need. You can also include the following options:
- Identity theft reimbursement
- Water backup
- Valuable belongings replacement
- Mortgage extra expense
- Boat, boat trailer, and boat equipment coverage
- Boat liability and medical payment
- Trailer insurance
- Umbrella insurance, to cover any gaps in coverage
While you need to speak with an agent to get an idea of how much insurance will cost you, most reviews state that Adirondack insurance rates are affordable.
Adirondack Insurance Reviews
Customers seem to enjoy the affordable rates the most with this insurance company. Customers also enjoy good service experiences.
However, there are some complaints. Most of the complaints center around the homeowners insurance aspect of Adirondack, stating that it was hard to get claims resolved.
Additionally, there aren’t many ways to file a claim. Adirondack insurance claims have to be filed over the phone. There is an Adirondack Insurance login for members, but that’s for paying your bill.
Adirondack Insurance Company of New York
Adirondack Insurance presents itself as a company that understands the needs of its customers, and more than three-quarters of its customers state that they would renew their policies. Clearly, Adirondack is doing something right.
If you’re still interested in Adirondack Insurance quotes, shopping around for other companies can help you save money. If you want to see what quotes might look like for you, enter your ZIP code into our free tool.