National General Insurance
This National General Insurance review will cover National General Insurance ratings by real users for overall satisfaction and claims, cost, billing, and service satisfaction. The National General Insurance A.M. Best rating is A-. To compare insurance rates from the best companies in your locale, enter your ZIP code below.
Free Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jun 10, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single insurance company.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by insurance experts.
Based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, GMAC Insurance is affiliated with GMAC Mortgage (a home mortgage corporation) and GMAC Finance, which offers financing on new and used vehicles. GMAC Insurance is also a part of the General Motors (GM) Corporation, and was the first insurance company in the United States to be founded by an automobile manufacturer.
GMAC Insurance is available throughout the United States. Although the company is affiliated with General Motors, you do not need to own a GM car in order to have their auto insurance policies. The GMAC Insurance website has a learning center full of information about every type of insurance that they offer, including:
- Automobile Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Recreational Vehicle (RV) Insurance
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Mexico Insurance
- Collector/Classic Car Insurance
- Health Insurance
How Does GMAC Keep Comprehensive Coverage Affordable?
GMAC Insurance offers a number of different ways for their policyholders to lower insurance premiums. They fall into the following categories, including:
- GM/GMAC Customer Discounts for those who have more than one GMAC account or who own a GM vehicle
- Paid-in-Full Discount for paying for your insurance policy up front rather than in installments
- Multi-Vehicle Discount for having more than one vehicle combined on a single policy. This includes RV’s, motorcycles, and automobiles
- GM Loyalty Discount for those who own only GM vehicles that are insured with GMAC Insurance
- Safe-Driver Discounts for people who have completed a safe-driver course or who have an active OnStar account
- Motorcycle Discounts for those who are considered safe riders, or who have multiple vehicles on their policy along with their motorcycles
- OnStar Subscriber Discounts for people who have an active OnStar account
- Low Mileage Discounts for people who only drive less than 15,000 total in a single year
- GM Family First Discounts for customers who either work for GM or have a direct family member who does
- Affinity Discounts for people who support various charities and organizations
- GM Supplier Discount for people who work for a company that supplies parts and other items to General Motors
Compare The Best Insurance Quotes In The Country
Compare quotes from the top insurance companies and save!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Does GMAC Have Coverage Options That Meet Driver Needs?
High-risk drivers and others may need different coverage options. GMAC has a wide variety of policy options with different amounts of coverage, premiums, and more.
Insurance quotes are based on driving history, credit score, desired coverage, and other factors. Discounts above are available for things like multi-policy agreements. Many people get their auto insurance quotes online. Then they sign up for homeowners insurance or other policies to bundle and save. GMAC offers an online suite of services.
Besides the online learning center, the GMAC website also has an online claims center, and customer care section. You can receive an online quote, manage your policy, or find a local GMAC insurance agent to contact if you have additional questions.