Homeowners of America Insurance Review (2022)
Homeowners of America Insurance Company offers comprehensive protection for your home. From homeowners to renters, or landlords, HOAIC has a variety of insurance options to choose from. Each insurance option comes with different endorsements and coverage options that clients can choose from to customize their insurance policies. Residents of Texas, Virginia, Arizona, South Carolina, North Carolina, Illinois, and Georgia has access to the lower competitive rates that HOAIC offers.
Free Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Feb 16, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single insurance company.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by insurance experts.
- Homeowners of America Insurance Company (HOAIC) was created for customers interested in a home insurance policy with a coverage limit of $200,000 or less
- HOAIC has five different insurance products to choose from and optional endorsements
- There are 17 different coverage options to choose from for customization
“Comprehensive protection for your home” is the motto that Homeowners of America has built itself on since its incorporation in 2005.
Because of its competitive rates, it is considered a cheaper insurance company compared to its competitors and only for certain residents that have access to the insurance company. HOAIC only operates in Texas, Arizona, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Illinois, and Virginia.
Whether you are looking for homeowner insurance, renters insurance, or landlord insurance, HOAIC has insurance options. HOAIC’s average annual premium is less than each of its top competitors for dwelling coverage.
Find comprehensive rates that are right for you and your loved ones. Enter your ZIP code and get a free quote today.
About Homeowners of America
HOAIC is for customers looking for a home insurance policy with a coverage limit of $200,000 or less and those looking for additional coverage for their pet.
Although an insurance company’s financial strength is important for prospective policyholders, Homeowners of America insurance A.M. Best rating is not accessible. A. M. Best, the rating service used by most insurers, did not rate HOAIC. They were rated by Demotech, a different rating service, and received an A (exceptional) rating.
Compare The Best Insurance Quotes In The Country
Compare quotes from the top insurance companies and save!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What insurance products do Homeowners of America offer?
Homeowners of American insurance have multiple insurance options for their customers. Different coverage options are available within each offered product, allowing customization of the policies.
- Dwelling coverage. Protects damage to your home’s physical structure in the event of a covered cause of loss
- Other structures. Help protect covered damages to structures on your property that are set apart from the dwelling by clear space
- Personal property. Protects personal items in your home that may become damaged due to a covered cause of loss
- Loss of use. Helps cover the cost of additional living expenses if you move out of the home temporarily during the repair process
- Liability. Protects in the event a claim is made or a lawsuit is filed, claiming you or a member of your household is responsible for others’ injuries or property
- Medical payments. Helps pay for others’ injuries you or a member of your household are responsible for
- Additional living expenses. Helps cover the cost of additional living expenses if you move out of the home temporarily during the repair process
- Property coverage. Protects the personal items in your home that may be damaged due to a covered cause of loss, such as appliances, dishes, electronics, clothing, and other valuables
- Loss of rents/Fair rental value. Provides coverage to help with lost rental income should your property become uninhabitable due to a covered loss and your tenants have to move out
- Equipment breakdown. Helps protect you from costly equipment breakdowns of many items such as kitchen appliances, hot tub and pool equipment, air conditioning systems, and water heaters
- Inland flood. This endorsement is designed specifically for residents in low-to-moderate flood risk areas and offers flood coverage for the residence, other structures, and personal property
- Replacement cost on personal property. Modifies your loss settlement on contents to a replacement cost basis which means you’ll receive the total amount to replace the item instead of only receiving the current value
- Increased limit on jewelry/watches. Itemizes special limits of liability for different categories of valuables and provides basic coverage for each category, gems, watches, jewelry, or furs
- Refrigerated personal property. Covers property that is stored in a freezer or refrigerator on your insured property
- Pet coverage. Covers kenneling of your dog or cat and veterinarian charges or burial expenses if your pet is injured or killed as a result of the damage to your home
- Service line. Provides coverage for underground piping and wiring that fails due to a leak, break, tear, rupture, collapse, or arcing
- Mortgage extra expenses. Provides reimbursement for increased monthly mortgage expense associated with a total loss of your residence
Although HOAIC has an extensive list of coverage options, each option isn’t available with each plan.
What HOAIC coverage options are available with each plan?
Homeowners’ insurance comes with the following coverages: dwelling, other structures, personal property, loss of use, liability, and medical payments.
Personal property, additional living expenses, liability, and medical payments coverages are with renters insurance through Homeowners of America insurance company.
With having a condominium, you most likely carry a “master policy” to ensure the building itself, common areas, and association liability. Condominium insurance comes with property coverage, loss of use, liability, and medical payments to cover what is inside your unit,
Landlord and Dwelling Fire insurance comes with the same coverages as a condominium and also provides loss of rents and fair rental value coverage but does not come with property coverage.
Flood insurance doesn’t usually come in a standard homeowners insurance policy, but it is offered through Homeowners of America insurance.
Lastly, coverage options can be chosen through optional endorsements that HOAIC offers, such as equipment breakdown, inland flood, personal property replacement cost, increased limits on jewelry/watches, refrigerated personal property, pet coverage, service line coverage, and extra mortgage expense.
How can I contact Homeowners of America?
Homeowners of America insurance customer service can be contacted at 866-407-9896.
If agents need any assistance, they should use their Homeowners of America insurance agent login to access their employer portal. Partners live and work in your community, so you can trust them to lend advice throughout the entire process.
Those insured can also use their Homeowners of America insurance login to access their client portal or email at [email protected] You can manage your policy, make a payment, or review coverage options.
For payment and general correspondence, HOAIC’s address is P.O Box 168147 Irving, TX, 75016.
Filing a Claim
If you need to file a claim, you can call the Homeowners of America insurance claims phone number at 1-866-407-9896.
Reporting a claim is fast and reliable because claims support is available 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
After HOAIC receives your claim, a professional will be assigned to you and promptly contact you. The professional will then help you gather facts about your loss, review your coverage, and explain how the claim will be handled. They will also identify ways to protect your property from further damage.
The claim will be reviewed, coverage will be determined, and your claim will be resolved.
Homeowners of America have options for everyone, whether renting or owning, being a landlord, or even if you need flood insurance. Those insured can access their client portal whenever and have 24/7 access to claims professionals.
Learn more about Homeowners of America insurance. Enter your ZIP code and get a free quote today.