Rockingham Insurance Review & Ratings (2022)
Rockingham Insurance offers car, home, and many other types of insurance products to people in Virginia and Pennsylvania. While it’s a smaller company, Rockingham Insurance reviews are overwhelmingly positive.
Free Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jun 28, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single insurance company.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by insurance experts.
- Rockingham offers car, home, and many other types of insurance in Virginia and Pennsylvania
- Although it’s a small company, Rockingham’s insurance rates tend to be below the state average
- Rockingham has positive reviews from most customers, as well as high rankings from A.M. Best and the Better Business Bureau
Rockingham Insurance has been in business for over 150 years. While headquartered in Virginia, its availability has recently expanded.
Although higher rates and unsatisfied customers plague many small insurance companies, that isn’t the case with Rockingham. Customers are overwhelmingly happy with their overall experience with this company, so much so that many highly recommend Rockingham to friends and family.
Rockingham offers homeowners and car insurance, as well as a variety of specialty insurance products like commercial, mobile home, and personal umbrella policies.
While Rockingham Insurance rates might be the most affordable for you, you should still shop around to make sure. Read on to learn about this small Virginian company, and then compare quotes to find the best rates for you.
What types of insurance does Rockingham offer?
Rockingham Insurance offers several types of personal and commercial insurance. While it spent more than a hundred years offering insurance in its home state of Virginia, it expanded into Pennsylvania in 2000.
Today, Rockingham’s most popular products are homeowners and car insurance. However, it sells a wide variety of specialty insurance plans to cover just about anything important in your life.
Rockingham Homeowners Insurance
While homeowners insurance isn’t legally required by any state, it offers valuable protection for your home. Rockingham doesn’t list all the details of its plan, but you can expect it to provide the following coverages:
- Dwelling. This coverage protects the physical structure of your home, including freestanding structures like fences and garages.
- Personal property. An empty house isn’t a home, and Rockingham knows it. This part of your insurance covers personal items like appliances, clothing, and furniture.
- Liability. If someone is injured on your property and you’re deemed responsible for the incident, liability coverage helps pay your legal bills.
While these are the essential pieces of a homeowners policy, Rockingham offers add-ons that increase your plan’s value. These include:
- Water and sewer backup
- Utility service line coverage
- Additional valuable objects coverage
- Replacement cost coverage
- Identity theft protection
- Green improvement coverage
- Equipment breakdown coverage
- Earthquake insurance
While it may be tempting to add everything possible to your insurance policy, you should only purchase what you need. Typically, add-ons quickly raise the price of your insurance. To help you save money, Rockingham offers the following homeowners discounts:
- Security and safety equipment
- New mortgage
- New home
A Rockingham insurance agent will help you determine which add-ons are appropriate for your home and what discounts you’re eligible for.
Rockingham Car Insurance
Aside from the fact that most states have laws requiring a minimum amount of insurance to drive legally, car insurance protects your vehicle from the dangers of the road. Rockingham understands that your vehicle is a crucial element of your life and offers the following types of insurance to protect it:
- Liability. If you cause an accident, your liability insurance will pay for damage you incur to people and property. Both Virginia and Pennsylvania require liability.
- Comprehensive. Also called Other Than Collision coverage, this pays for repairs that your car needs after damage caused outside of an accident. Qualified damage includes weather, theft, vandalism, fire, and animal contact.
- Collision. Regardless of who is at fault for an accident, collision will help pay for repairs to your vehicle.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. Simply because a state requires insurance doesn’t mean that all drivers have it. This insurance protects you from drivers without sufficient coverage and is required by Virginia and Pennsylvania law.
- Medical payments. Injuries after an accident can cost a lot to heal from. Medical payments will cover you or your passengers’ medical bills, up to the coverage amount.
- Rental reimbursement. If your car is stuck in the repair shop after an accident, Rockingham will reimburse you for a rental car while you wait.
Like its homeowners insurance plans, you can also purchase add-ons to further the protection on your car and increase the value of your policy. Rockingham offers the following add-ons:
- Accident forgiveness
- Plus one car replacement
- Roadside assistance
With the price of seemingly everything rising, Rockingham knows that its customers need to save money whenever they can. Rockingham offers the following discounts to help you maintain affordable car insurance:
- New family
- Policy bundling
- Advance quote
- Good student
- Pay plan
- Accident prevention
- Customer loyalty
- Continuous coverage
- Safety credits
A Rockingham agent will review your policy to find as many discounts as possible for you.
Other Types of Rockingham Insurance
While home and car insurance are the leading sellers, Rockingham offers numerous other types of insurance to take care of all your needs. Rockingham provides the following insurance products:
- Mobile home. Similar to a homeowners policy but specially crafted for mobile homes, Rockingham covers every aspect of your home and offers unique discounts.
- Rental property. Whether you own one rental property or many, Rockingham has you covered. As a bonus, you can add multiple properties in different locations to one policy.
- Farm. Rockingham covers full-time farmers and part-time enthusiasts alike. Of special interest is Rockingham’s Avian Influenza add-on, which protects against loss of income during bird flu outbreaks.
- Business. Rockingham recognizes the importance of small businesses in local communities, and they offer everything you need to protect yours.
- Personal umbrella. Liability coverage protects you from legal fees, but it’s often not enough. Umbrella insurance kicks in when your liability limit is reached.
- Specialty. Rockingham offers three specialty commercial plans, including general contractors liability, artisan contractors liability, and multi-peril packages.
You can speak with an agent through the Rockingham Insurance phone number to learn more about these policies and discover what’s available in your state.
Compare The Best Insurance Quotes In The Country
Compare quotes from the top insurance companies and save!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How much does Rockingham insurance cost?
Unfortunately, Rockingham’s online quote system requests a lot of personal information before it will provide you a quote. Aside from not wanting to disclose their data, many customers dislike this feature because it becomes time-consuming to find multiple quotes.
Acquiring an online quote from Rockingham might take more commitment than you’re ready for, but that doesn’t mean you have to avoid comparing prices. To begin, examine the average rates of insurance in Virginia and Pennsylvania below.
Get Your Rates Quote Now
As a smaller company, you might expect Rockingham rates to be on the higher side of the state average. However, it appears that Rockingham charges slightly less than the average price. Customers generally mention that they save a lot of money with this company.
Rockingham Insurance Reviews
One of the best ways to judge whether or not a company will suit your needs is by reading its reviews. Rockingham reviews are overwhelmingly positive.
First, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) rates Rockingham an A+, and there are three resolved complaints on its site.
A.M. Best rates insurance companies by their financial strength, with higher grades indicating that claims can easily be paid. While Rockingham has previously held an A-, it was recently upgraded to an A.
As for customer reviews, customers typically enjoy their experience with Rockingham. People that obtain multiple policies through Rockingham are particularly impressed with their service. People appreciate their rates, customer service, knowledge, and rapid responses.
Customers are also impressed with the online options. They enjoy that a simple Rockingham Insurance login allows them to access their account, make changes to their policy, pay their bill, and file a claim.
Finding negative reviews is actually a challenge for Rockingham. With the exception of a few customers with a less than satisfactory experience, people are generally extremely pleased with their insurance from Rockingham.
Find the Best Insurance for Your Needs Today
If you live in Virginia or Pennsylvania, Rockingham might be the best choice for your insurance needs. Whether you want car, home, or practically any other type of coverage, Rockingham has something for you.
Although Rockingham Insurance receives excellent reviews, you should still compare prices with other companies before making a final decision. While Rockingham might have the lowest prices, you won’t know without looking.