Liberty Mutual RightTrack Review: Pros, Cons, & Alternatives
This Liberty Mutual RightTrack: Pros, Cons & Alternatives review will cover Liberty Mutual RightTrack: Pros, Cons & Alternatives ratings by real users for overall satisfaction and claims, cost, billing, and service satisfaction. To compare insurance rates from the best companies in your locale, enter your ZIP code below.
Free Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jul 13, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single insurance company.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by insurance experts.
- Liberty Mutual Rightrack monitors your driving habits for 90 days through an app
- Discounts are up to 30%, depending on how well you drive
- Your rates won’t be increased for poor driving
- You can only sign up for RightTrack when you start your auto insurance policy with Liberty Mutual
Liberty Mutual RightTrack is a telematics program that offers you auto insurance discounts based on safe driving habits. Better driving equals bigger savings.
Discounts through RightTrack are good for the life of your car insurance policy, and your rates won’t increase if you have poor driving habits.
Shop around before you buy Liberty Mutual car insurance since each company will offer different rates. Enter your ZIP code now to compare car insurance quotes with your Liberty Mutual insurance rates.
How does Liberty Mutual RightTrack work?
RightTrack is very easy to use. You have to sign up for RightTrack when you activate your car insurance policy with Liberty Mutual. Then you simply download the app and use your Liberty Mutual login to create your account.
The app will run in the background on your phone and evaluate your driving habits. The behaviors tracked are:
- Time of day
- Miles driven
The downsides are that the app does use your battery and data, which can cost you money if you don’t have a good data plan. Also, the app does store your data, which can lead to some privacy concerns.
Do you know how to trick Liberty Mutual RightTrack? Even if you try, the bigger advantage is that it makes you more aware of your driving habits.
According to the Insurance Information Institute, one of the main advantages of telematics is that it provides immediate feedback, causing you to adjust your driving habits quickly.
Compare The Best Insurance Quotes In The Country
Compare quotes from the top insurance companies and save!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Is RightTrack from Liberty Mutual worth it?
There are pros and cons when it comes to a program like RightTrack and it may not be for everyone.
Pros for using RightTrack include:
- The program is free and easy to use
- If you drive safely, you will save money on your auto insurance
- Any discount you receive is for the life of your policy
- You will pay more attention to your driving and improve any poor habits you might have picked up
Cons of using RightTrack are:
- The app does use your data, so if you don’t have a good data plan in place, it can actually cost you money
- You only have 90 days to show good driving habits
- RightTrack isn’t available in every state. You can’t get RightTrack in Arkansas, California, Delaware, Hawaii, North Carolina, and Washington D.C.
- Your data is tracked which can compromise your privacy
- Liberty Mutual generally has more expensive car insurance rates to start with
If you still aren’t quite sure you want to try RightTrack, call Liberty Mutual customer service using the Liberty Mutual phone number.
Liberty Mutual RightTrack reviews are generally mixed, but company ratings are fairly high. This car insurance company has good Better Business Bureau ratings and is financially stable.
Liberty Mutual is one of the best insurance companies when it comes to ratings. But, that doesn’t mean it’s right for you. Other programs, like GEICO DriveEasy or Progressive Snapshot, are similar to RightTrack but may offer you lower rates.
Although RightTrack could help you get more affordable car insurance, you still need to make sure it’s the best deal for you. Compare your Liberty Mutual RightTrack auto insurance quote with quotes from other companies by entering your ZIP code.