How do I cancel GEICO insurance?
Free Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you’re a GEICO policyholder and wish to cancel your policy, you can do so by following these steps:
- Review Your Policy: Before canceling your policy, review the terms of your policy to ensure that you are aware of any fees or penalties that may apply for canceling before the end of your term.
- Contact GEICO: Call GEICO’s customer service department at 1-800-841-1587 to inform them that you wish to cancel your policy. Be prepared to provide your policy number and personal information for verification purposes.
- Provide a Reason for Canceling: GEICO may ask you for a reason for canceling your policy. You can provide any reason you like, but it’s not required.
- Confirm Cancellation Details: GEICO will provide you with details on how to cancel your policy, including any paperwork that needs to be completed and any outstanding fees that need to be paid.
- Complete Required Forms: If GEICO requires you to complete any forms to cancel your policy, make sure to complete them accurately and submit them promptly.
- Provide Proof of New Coverage: If you are canceling your GEICO policy because you have obtained new insurance coverage, GEICO may require proof of your new coverage before canceling your policy.
- Confirm Cancellation Date: Make sure to confirm the date on which your policy will be canceled to ensure that you are not charged any additional fees or premiums.
It’s important to note that GEICO may charge a cancellation fee or require you to pay any outstanding premiums before canceling your policy. Make sure to review your policy carefully and confirm any fees or penalties with GEICO before canceling your policy.
Asked April 23, 2023 by Ivanhoe D. Daliva