After a second DUI, how can I find car insurance coverage?

Free Insurance Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Asked November 10, 2014

1 Answer

One of the most serious driving offenses is a DWI. Once you have been convicted of drinking while intoxicated, insurance companies automatically view you as a high risk, and if you have two of them within a 10 year period the risks are even higher. It isn't that you are necessarily more dangerous, but the risk of you driving under the influence and getting into a serious accident is much higher, and that increases your costs.

Traditional car insurance companies may not want to underwrite a policy for someone with more than one DWI, but high risks insurers is still a viable choice. Because you are a high risk driver, you will have to pay higher rates than someone without any DWI's, but car insurance is available to anyone who can legally drive a car.

Start online with a website that acts as an insurance broker, such as this one. You will be able to fill out a simple form to receive not one quote, but several, all based on your specific driving needs and history. The reason a brokerage site is the best option is because an insurance broker works with several insurance companies and sorts through the policies available to help you find the best coverage for the lowest price.

Before you buy an auto insurance policy, be sure to check the ratings of the company that underwrites your policy. The A.M. Best Company rates insurance companies and other financial institutions for current standing and long term outlook. With that information, you can more easily choose the company you want to handle your insurance policy. A.M. Best uses a simple grade scale, with A++ being the highest grade. Choosing a company with this rating is more likely to provide you with effective, long term coverage.

Answered November 10, 2014 by Anonymous

Related Links

Free Insurance Comparison

Compare quotes from the top insurance companies and save!

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption