I do not own a car but drive my boyfriends car and I want to protect myself if I get in an accident.

Free Insurance Comparison

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Asked May 13, 2016

2 Answers

Before driving someone else's car, you need to know a few things. First, if you are living together, then he should list you as a driver on his policy as part of his household. If you are not living together, then you can be covered under his liability insurance as long as you have permission from your boyfriend to drive his car, and have a current driver's license. This falls under what insurance companies call permissive use". However, if the damage is more than what your boyfriend's liability insurance will cover, then the remainder falls under you (the driver)'s insurance. Since you don't have a car, the remainder, if any, would most likely fall under "uninsured driver" for his policy. Be aware, though, that any accident on your part may raise his rates, and he would be charged the deductible amount. He should also know that if you drive his car while intoxicated, he could be held liable because he allowed this to occur. It is a good idea to sit down with your boyfriend and discuss these scenarios, and work out ahead of time who would pay for the deductible, increase in payment, or any other financial responsibility.""

Answered May 17, 2016 by Levi

It's actually hard to know what to do in situations like this. Here is what I know about Texas Insurance. Let's get into it.

From the question it says that you are receiving insurance money for a damaged floor from a moving company. You do not indicate what sort of damage was done. Was it a scratched up floor or was it water damage? It depends how badly it was damaged if you are even able to repair it. Or, if a better option would be to replace the floors the claim was made on. I don't know so I can't really give an opinion whether to repair or replace.

You can, but it depends...

Really though, you can spend the money any way you want. However, if there is a duplicate claim on the same floor and the money has already been payed out, then the insurance company will question and probably not pay it. So no it is not required, but it speaks to your honesty and morals as to what you should do with the money. What I might suggest however, if the floors can be repaired instead of replaced, you may have enough money to do both.

Answered May 16, 2016 by BlueSky

Related Links

Free Insurance Comparison

Compare quotes from the top insurance companies and save!

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption