How do I submit paperwork that shows my General Discharge got upgraded to an Honorable Discharge?

UPDATED: Feb 13, 2018

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.

Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single insurance company.

Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.

UPDATED: Feb 13, 2018Fact Checked

Free Insurance Comparison

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Asked February 13, 2018

1 Answer

If you are trying to obtain insurance through USAA and want to resubmit your discharge papers, there are several ways to do so. First you can contact the agent directly you have been working with to email them a copy of your updated information. This would be the fastest way for them to obtain it and have it in your record. The next option would be to send your updated information by fax. You will receive a confirmation page at the time of sending it to show that the transmission went through successfully. If you choose to send the information by fax, it is advised to have a cover page so the representatives know who it is for. And the final way to update your information is by sending it through the mail.

After you send in the updated information, you can contact your agent to ensure it has been received and is not in your file. This representative will be able to inform you how it will affect your current or future policies with the company.

Answered February 20, 2018 by sunshine5

Free Insurance Comparison

Compare quotes from the top insurance companies and save!

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption