Castle Key Homeowners Insurance Review & Ratings (2022)
Castle Key is Allstate’s subsidiary company that sells homeowners insurance in Florida. While there isn’t a lot of information online about what Castle Key offers, you can get an idea of what coverage it sells by looking at Allstate. Castle Key insurance reviews state that prices are high, claims processing is lengthy, and the company has generally poor reviews for claims. However, the company received an A+ from the Better Business Bureau.
Free Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jun 28, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single insurance company.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by insurance experts.
- Castle Key is a subsidiary of Allstate and sells home insurance in the state of Florida
- There is limited information on Castle Key, but you can get a sense of its insurance products by looking at Allstate information
- While Castle Key has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, it also has a 1.13-star rating from customers
- The chief complaints involve claim payouts and claim processing times
If you are looking for the right coverage to protect your home in Florida, Castle Key homeowners insurance might be on your list.
The Castle Key insurance company sells home coverage for Florida residents. As a subsidiary of Allstate, Castle Key comes with substantial financial backing. However, online information specific to Castle Key is incredibly sparse and difficult to locate.
If you live in Florida and are interested in Castle Key, read on to get the details. If you’re ready to see what home insurance quotes might look like for you, enter your ZIP code into our free tool today.
What is Castle Key insurance?
Allstate sells homeowners insurance under two names in Florida: Castle Key Insurance and Castle Key Indemnity. Both companies sell home, condo, renters, and mobile home policies. With 1,100 agents throughout the state, you can find a local office easily.
There isn’t a Castle Key insurance website, but you can access policy information through Allstate. While you’d need to speak with a local agent to see what coverage you can buy, you can expect the same level of service that Allstate provides in other states.
The standard Allstate home insurance policy includes:
- Dwelling protection. This covers the physical structure of your home. Fire, theft, wind, hail, lightning, and vandalism are covered, and you can purchase extra coverage for flood and earthquake damage.
- Other structures. This covers detached structures, like sheds and garages.
- Liability protection. A visitor can sue you if they are injured on your property, and you are responsible for it. Liability can help pay your legal fees during the settlement process.
- Guest medical protection. While liability covers you, guest medical protection helps pay for the injured party’s medical bills. This includes diagnostic tests, ambulance rides, hospital stays, and dental work.
- Personal belongings protection. This part of your policy covers the things you own, like your furniture, appliances, electronics, and clothing. If you have high-value items in your home, you might want to consider more coverage.
Outside of standard insurance, Allstate also offers renters, condo, mobile and manufactured homes, as well as renters. Coverage with these unique policies is very similar to homeowners, but they are tailored to be better suited for your home type.
What add-ons can you buy with Castle Key insurance?
While there is no specific information on Castle Key, Allstate has a long list of additional coverages you can buy for your home insurance policy.
As a Florida resident, you probably won’t need access to every one of them. For example, earthquake insurance is only necessary for regions with a high risk of earthquake damage.
Additional coverage available for purchase includes:
- Flood insurance. Florida has a double risk for flooding. First, most of the state is in a flood zone. Second, Florida is frequently hit with hurricanes. With the frequency and strength of storms rising, Florida homeowners can’t afford to skip flood insurance.
- Water backup. According to the Civil Engineering Research Foundation, America’s sewer lines are aging, and backups increase by about three percent per year. Allstate offers additional coverage to protect against this type of damage.
- HostAdvantage. If you rent your home out through popular programs like Airbnb, HostAdvantage will give you extra protection against theft and damage.
- Umbrella insurance. While the standard policy includes liability, it does limit how much it will cover. Umbrella insurance is additional coverage that takes over once that limit has been reached.
- Personal property. You can have high-value items in your home protected with this coverage. Covered items include jewelry, antiques, and collectibles, but they need to be appraised first.
- Sports equipment. If you are a sports enthusiast or have kids on a sports team, you know that equipment costs can quickly add up. If you have a lot of equipment in your home, you should consider additional coverage.
- Musical instruments. Similarly, musical instruments can cost thousands of dollars to replace.
- Identity theft restoration. Being the victim of identity theft is a huge hassle (outside of being frustrating and scary). This add-on covers lost wages and legal fees if you ever find yourself the unfortunate victim.
- Data recovery. If you lose a tablet, computer, or phone to damage or theft, this add-on will cover the costs to recover pictures and data.
- Yard and garden. You want your yard to look nice, and that takes money. This coverage protects your landscaping, plus any tools or machinery you have to maintain it.
- Green improvements. Energy-efficient appliances and green upgrades cost more money to replace after being damaged. If you’ve invested money into green upgrades, this add-on will cover them.
- Business property. Remote work is an increasingly popular way for Americans to work. You can purchase this additional coverage if you work from home.
As you can see, one of the benefits of working with Allstate is that they offer a lot of additional coverage you can purchase. However, you should only add what you think you need since additional coverage can make the price of your insurance skyrocket.
Bear in mind that Castle Key coverage may not be exactly the same as those offered by Allstate.
Compare The Best Insurance Quotes In The Country
Compare quotes from the top insurance companies and save!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How much does Castle Key insurance cost?
According to Allstate and Castle Key insurance reviews, home insurance with the company is more expensive than competitors.
Company Average monthly price
State Farm $125
American Family $108
Even though Allstate and Castle Key insurance quotes typically run more expensive than other companies, they do offer discounts to help lower the price.
- Protective devices
- Automatic payments
- Early sign
- Welcome and loyalty
- New homebuyer
- Good payment history
If you want to buy Castle Key insurance, make sure to ask an agent if they offer the same discounts and if you’re eligible. For example, Allstate sells several types of coverage, including car insurance, but Castle Key might not.
You can call the Allstate or Castle Key insurance phone number to get more information.
Castle Key Insurance Reviews
While not accredited, Castle Key earns an A+ from the Better Business Bureau. It only has a 1.13-star rating on the BBB website, meaning customers are generally not happy with their service.
Complaints focus on the way Castle Key pays for claims. Disgruntled customers say their homes and valuables were under-appraised by Castle Key accessors. They also report struggling to get claims processed in a timely manner.
However, Castle Key has happy customers as well. Customers are pleased with the way Castle Key handles roof repairs.
Home Insurance for Florida Residents
While Florida can be a paradise for some, there are several unique risk factors in the area that threaten houses. Home insurance is vital if you own a home in the Sunshine State, and Castle Key can provide it.
Hopefully, you’ve learned enough about affordable Castle Key insurance rates and coverage. If you’re prepared to see what home insurance quotes might look like for you, enter your ZIP code into our free tool today.